I have sad news to report. Yesterday marks the first day of failure in my dance every day goal. Yesterday was so busy that there just wasn’t time for dancing. Between Church, open lab with James (I tried to keep him company. The highlight of that two hours were the students that would come up to me and ask me to identify animals and such that were to be on their lab final…. ha) and curling, we were just too tired to do anything when we got home.
Today is also not a great day to report for dancing. We practiced the big apple a bit. I feel pretty comfortable with the last step we learned. The kick charleston was confusing at first, but I think I am starting to get it. We started work on the next segment. It’s a trucking step, falling off the log, and something else. The steps by themselves are pretty easy, but putting them all together is really hard. This is beyond the halfway point for this dance. I think that we will need to do at least three moves a week in order to know the whole dance by New Years Eve. I am not sure this is possible, but we will do our best!
I am going to try and practice the big apple more tomorrow…. and I definitely need to tape the waltz step before we forget it!